Thursday, December 6, 2007

Favorite(s) cont'd



Song is by Airwave called "When Things Go Wrong"

Like the title suggests, this is the song to listen to when things go wrong. I first discovered this song in a long drive with my friend. I was looking out the window and this song started to play without me knowing. After a few minutes, I found myself bobbing my head and everything. Also, the zooming-by scenery fits perfectly with the style of this song. As a result, this track is not only for the times when the world feels like it's going to end, but it makes a great driving track also.

The repetitiveness of the amazingly addicting melody is not annoying, but I actually want the melody to keep going on full repeat. Combined with a gradual crescendo where the melody, bass line, and other ambients get louder and louder to a climax that reduces the volume and repeats until the end.

Notice the rapidly triplet sounding cymbal taps from the start of the song. It extends throughout the song until it is replaced by crystal like sounds at the end where they are clearly heard. Slowly, the cymbal taps are joined by a simple crystal like melody until the main melody comes in. Like all of my favorite songs, this song does not start with a drum beat, but instead everything fades in gently. The main melody is a hovering sound that sounds very grand and elicits a sense of serenity. The song breezily blows you up and forward. By the end, you will be both physically or mentally ready to move on from whatever stress that knocked you down.

Just listen and relax. Have fun!

No comments: