Thursday, November 8, 2007

BT + Pop + Trance Fusion = this song



This is a fine example of BT's ability to fuse different genre's and trance them up to create something different and interesting. This synthesized pop, trance track is definitely one of BT's finest tracks. It is very upbeat, the melody is catchy by itself, but combined with a simple and repetitive lyric, this song does not get boring at all. Here is a short excerpt of the lyrics:

" some little joy some little joy...it's complicated
some little time some little time....be acclimated
some little hope some little hope...and I'm prayin' out with love (yeah)
some little time to make some change...been isolating"

If you listen to this song, I believe the only words you will hear are “simply” and “love” since they are repeated a million times. Thankfully, by the end of the song, when the vocals start to get annoying, the song is over. Interestingly, the song is better without the vocals. Listen to the instrumental here. Throughout the track, you get these broken record sounds that I found to be very entertaining because they have this ability to catch your attention. I believe that ability is derived from the fact that it is simply out of the usual and it is human tendency to focus more on new sounds.

Up until this moment when I found the video for this post, I really really liked this song. Simple, catchy male vocals (male vocals that are good are rare in trance tracks) and melody with an uncomplicated beat that keeps the song moving forward. HOWEVER... now that I've finally seen the video, I believe that is J. C. Chasez singing the vocals and I am now in awe. I don't really like J. C. and N'Sync, but BT was able to combine a "happy" (insert synonym that beings with the letter "g" and ends with "y") love pop singer with trance. BT succeeds in expressing love through trance in this track, but only in this track. The music video just ruins it. Just watch J. C... that dance is sooooooooo retarded...

I'll just pretend that J. C. was not part of this song to keep this song as one of my BT favorites...

No comments: